Thursday, December 13, 2012

37 Week - How I'm Feeling

No belly pic this week, but here's our Christmas tree.
Can you tell how far DS can reach? LOL
How Far Along? 37 weeks? Apparently, I'm considered full term! I guess I should be busy with last minute baby preparations, but it doesn't seem like there's that much to do.  I suppose I should pick up a pack of diapers. LOL.

Any Pregnancy News? I'M DILATED! I had an OB appointment today.  All the Dr's in the practice were occupied or running behind today so I saw one of the midwives.  Last week I was 50% effaced, not dilated, and at -1 station.  This week I'm 60% effaced, 1cm dilated, and baby is slightly less engaged at almost -1 station or between -2 and -1 (I guess -3 is floating, not engaged in the pelvis and 3 is nearly out). 

Of course, I'm super excited about the dilation, the most obvious sign of progress, and I'm not too concerned about the little slip in engagement I think it's due to the chiropractor giving him more room to move.  I had quite the adjustment today, and the loosening of my round ligament has drastically improved my workout.  I took DS for a 2 mile walk after the appointments and only had contractions, no debilitating burning on my right side which I guess was just round ligament pain.  Also, I went to the gym in the evening and was on the treadmill for 2 whole hours! It was the slowest I've ever walked, but I was really pleased to make it the whole 2 hours for the first time in a long time.

Position of the baby? Baby has been facing my front instead of my spine. I mentioned this to my wonderful chiropractor today after not seeing him for two weeks. He said that not only was I way out of alignment, but my round ligament on my right side was super tight. There were a lot of bone popping adjustments, and as I was heading to the OB's I felt baby was really active. The midwife about blew my mind when she said baby was facing my left side. I've felt so much movement on my right side, I can't believe he's facing my left. The only explanation is that he spun around between appointments. I haven't felt those telltale hand movements very low, so I'm hoping he is now facing my spine.  Only time will tell!

Sleep? It's definitely getting more difficult. I look forward to the hormone driven newborn period where a 2hr nap makes you feel like a million bucks.  Right now I feel like I need an 8hr block of sleep and can't get it due to a combination of comfort issues, potty breaks, and insomnia.

Movement? Lots and lots! Funny story, in the evenings for the past two weeks sometimes baby would periodically put a tremendous amount of pressure down below. I kept feeling like he was trying to get out! The movement was much stronger while I was in the shower this evening and I realized it's not baby's movement, they're contractions! lol.  I've felt many contractions while working out, but they've always squeezed my belly around in a circle.  I wasn't used to these downward contractions and haven't recognized them.

Weight Gain? 171, I lost two pounds in a week, but still totaling 41lbs for this pregnancy so I'm certainly not worried.  It's been noticable this week how much less I can eat.  So, I'm trying to make up for it by improving the quality of what I eat.  I have a big salad every night for dinner, which is good because by then I can't eat anything heavy.

Gender? It's a boy!

What I miss? I always miss my second child But I can't wait for this baby.  I might say I miss my old non-pregnant body now that the discomfort has increased, but I know I'll miss being pregnant.  This pregnancy was so hard to achieve, and I spent so many days wishing I could be pregnant again and wondering if it would ever happen.  My appreciation of my pregnant body outweighs the discomfort and distant memory of my pre-pregnant body.

Labor signs? As I mentioned above, apparently I've been having more BH contractions than I thought, and they've helped me progress! I'm so happy about the 1cm.  Expecting just half a cm by next week and an increase in effacement.  Hoping for a whole cm, but I think that would be pretty rapid progress.  A lot of people think this baby will come much earlier than my son, but I'm not so sure.  He may be a January baby after all ;)

Food cravings? I make the best protein shakes! They're extremely high calorie, but my stomach is so squished I think it's good for me.  I put milk, vanilla ice cream, protein powder, and peanut butter in the blender and it is SO DELICIOUS!  I tried to calculate the calories the other day, and came up with 700 calories. LOL. It's my lunch, though, and I've still been losing weight so I think it's ok.

What I'm looking forward too? I want a baby! I want the birth and the adjustment period to be over with, and to start living my life with two kids. I can't wait to see how my son adjusts to baby.  I can't wait to get some time off from working 3rd shift.  I can't wait for the baby to get here!


Still working on the quilt for our guest room.
I love having just one non-baby project to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment