Thursday, September 27, 2012

26 Weeks - How I'm Feeling Update

How Far Along? 26 weeks. Geez, all of a sudden seem to be going at a snail's pace. I want to be in the 3rd trimester!

We Went Hiking on Monday. I made it to the top!
Any Pregnancy News? Had my GD test last week, and called for the results on friday. Passing is anything below 140, and I just scraped by at 136. Eek! The nurse said there was no need for me to test again, but they would be speaking with me about my diet at my next appt. At first I was upset because I thought surely with my healthy diet and exercise regime I would pass with flying colors.  However, after thinking about it further I realized I did pass, I don't have GD, and I don't even have to test again.  All things considered, I'm pretty lucky. I also didn't run AT ALL this week. I hiked on monday, but aside from that and a few 2 mile walks I haven't exercised at all.  I'm hoping next week I balance things a little better.

Position of baby? Yes, yes, the baby has plenty of time to go head down, but I decided to add this category since I'm now actively working towards that end.  There's a lot a pregnant woman can to this early in pregnancy to improve the position of the baby that can't be done later on. My son was head down at 20 weeks, and I don't want to wait until it's too late to try to turn this one. The baby is still transverse, and I'm now doing one or two inversions per day to loosen my stomach ligaments to give him room to turn.  I'm doing positive visualizations of him head down, and following a lot of the other recommendations from the spinning babies program.

Maternity clothes? yes! All maternity, all the time. I was thinking of cutting out this category, but soon we'll be to the part where even maternity clothes don't fit. So, I'll keep it in for now.

Weight Gain? Up 25lbs! Considering I haven't exercised at all this week besides walking and hiking, I think I did pretty good. At this point I'm curious to see how long I can keep my weight gain below my number of weeks.  I ususally do gain 2lbs a week, so we'll see if I'm still under 27lbs gained next week.

Sleep? No problems there! We went hiking this week and the next night I was awoken from a dead sleep with a horrible calf cramp, but aside from that, no sleep issues at all. Not including when DS wakes up.

Gender? It's a boy!

What I miss? I always miss my second child. I haven't been running very well, and I miss that. But, I hope it's just a temporary thing and I can return to my former glory ;)


Labor signs? I think I've been getting more BH contractions, but if so, they've been really mild. I greet everyone with the hope that this time I'll have a shorter labor than I did with my son's birth!

Movement? Yep! This little guy seems strong and stubborn. He moves so much I haven't taken out my doppler in weeks. I'm happy he's moving so much because aside from being reassuring, it's what helps me tell his position. It's pretty clear when I feel kicks on the left and punches on the right that he's still transverse.

Food Cravings? Occurred to me the other night that I haven't counted lemonade as a food craving even though I'll have about 4 glasses a week. That tart/sweet combo really hits the spot! I think I didn't think it was a food craving because I've always enjoyed lemonade, but I'm having a lot more than usual so it probably is baby related!

What I'm looking forward too? Let's get this show on the road! I'm ready to get into the third trimester. I'm only 26weeks now and it seems too early to really dive into birth stories and start emotionally preparing for the birth. It's too soon to accept that I'm not getting a 2nd baby shower and start buying those last items to get us ready. It's too soon to go through DS's old baby clothes, wash them, and fold them in the baby dresser.  C'mon third trimester!

1 comment:

  1. That's such a beautiful picture - and so is the one for your 25-week update! Congratulations on a wonderfully progressing pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete