Thursday, July 19, 2012

16 weeks - How I'm Feeling

How far along? 16 weeks!

Maternity clothes? 100% yes for pants, shorts, and my lack of maternity tops that fit me is starting to be a problem.  For some reason, all the shirts I have are a size too big.  I'm not sure if I'm smaller than I was last pregnancy or they're just stretched out, but they're not working.  They're a bit low cut and my increased bustyness is about to bust right out of them!  They're too inappropriate to wear.  Not sure whether to replace them or wait until I get bigger.  I DID go on ebay and find a fab pair of maternity jean shorts.  I really needed another pair of bottoms so I'm at least better off than I was last week.

Weight gain? I think I'm 6 or 7lbs up despite going to the gym regularly. Hoping that will at least stay the same the next few weeks because I feel I'm a little ahead of my weight gain goal of 45lbs.

Sleep? Last week I complained I didn't feel like I rested well because I was dreaming constantly.  This week I've been tossing and turning because the belly is getting heavier than I'm used too. I think I'll get the hang of it shortly, it's just an adjustment period.

Movement? Finally feeling some consistent movement! The last two days I've felt him every day, multiple times per day.  yay!  Still can't wait for his kicks to get stronger and higher up, but it's wonderful to be feeling anything.

Gender? It's a boy! So says the NT scan. Will be nice to have a confirmation further down the road.

What I miss? Today is my due date from last pregnancy.  It's a mixed bag.  I wrote about it my confused feelings earlier this week. I'll be happy for this day to be over.  I just don't know how to feel and I'd like to move past it. I miss my 2nd child, and love this baby dearly.

Food cravings? Beef! Been having it every day.  I've tried to make ground beef casseroles to make it last, and yesterday made beef stew.  I just can't go a day without beef!

aversions? Still zero desire for fish, but the thought of it doesn't gross me out or anything.

Labor signs? NO! I've heard people start having Braxton Hicks contractions this early.  I hope I avoid them again! Never got a single BH contraction with my son, I just went into full blown labor one night.  That would be fine with me again.

What I'm looking forward too? Continuing at the Gym.  At my OB appt on tuesday I got clearance to begin running as long as my HR doesn't get over 150.  I was very disappointed to realize that I CAN'T run without my HR getting over 150.  I'm sure it's because I haven't run in so long and I need to work up to it, but how can I work up to it without running a few minutes per session?  It's been kind of frustrating.  My walking HR is in the 120's, but on the elliptical I can get it up to the 140s.  I'm hoping to just slowly get back in shape until one day I can run without pushing it too far.

Any pregnancy news? Everything was great at my OB appt on tuesday.  The doc kind of freaked me out unnecessarily by commenting on how unusually high the baby's heartrate has been, but our anatomy scan is the 17th.  They can check out the heart and everything then, besides, some babies just have high heartrates!

Baby prep accomplishments? Next project is to paint my son's ceiling.  That room is the dustiest in the house (not great for his allergies and asthma) and I wonder if it's coming from the ceiling.  Also, we've had some water leaks recently that are repaired, but the ceiling looks terrible.  The new baby will eventually be moving into that room and better to do this now than later.  My first attempt went horribly!  I was trying to just do all the edges with a brush before I broke out the roller.  It was awful. Finally got one of those square pads they make just for this purpose.  It worked so much better.  I'm now all ready to get out the roller, I just have to be brave enough to do it.

That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment