Thursday, July 5, 2012

14 Weeks - How I'm Feeling

How far along? 14 weeks. Yay 2nd Trimester!

Maternity clothes? 100% yes for pants and shorts, but I can get away with the billowing pillow case shirts that are in style now. My fav outfit has been the sundress. I'm also in maternity bathing suit and I need more maternity bottoms.  I think when we return from vacation I'll look for a block of them on ebay.

Weight gain? On vacation so not totally sure, but at last count was 4lbs up.

Sleep? Despite being on vacation, I haven't been able to sleep in yet.  I crash at 10pm nearly too tired to stand, and wake up to use the bathroom a little after 6 and can't go back to sleep.  It's annoying, but also I've enjoyed the quiet times in the morning.  If this continues when we get back from vacation I may even get housework done before DS wakes up.

Movement? This week I haven't felt any of the 'is that the baby?' movement I used to feel, but thank goodness I brought my doppler so I can reassure myself all is OK.  Yesterday I could even hear the baby movements on the doppler.

Gender? BOY! So says the NT scan. Will be nice to have a confirmation further down the road.
What I miss? I really love being pregnant, but I last night during our families 4th of July celebration I did briefly miss having an alcoholic drink.  Not too much though, it was equally nice to wake up refreshed and without a headache or that feeling of hangover lethargy.

Food cravings? I hate to say it, but during last week when my baby was the size of a shrimp according to a cell phone app, the app showed a picture of a delicious looking little shrimp and it made me crave steamed shrimp all week! Luckily we're at the beach so I could finally have some.  I've also gone my whole life not liking tomatoes and all of a sudden like them. who knew?

aversions? I usually love fish, and this week I haven't wanted it at all. I kept thinking the fish I was getting wasn't cooked or seasoned properly, but now I realize I just haven't liked it.

Labor signs? NO!
What I'm looking forward too? Going to the gym next week! I've reached the 2nd trimester and as I leave the stress and worry of the 1st trimester behind, I'm feeling fat and sluggish. I'm eating healthy, but the lack of exercise has taken it's toll on my thighs. You may be able to see the effects in my belly pic. It's not good! But hoping some time on the treadmill, elliptical, and stairmaster will get me back on track.  I'm going to take it slow at first and then work up to it.

Any pregnancy news? It's a boy! But no new news since then.

Baby prep accomplishments? No progress on the house due to heat wave, major power outage, and vacation, but I did research labor doulas and came away very discouraged.  I'm still pretty determined to have a doula, but the search for one is going to be more difficult than I'd first imagined.

14 week belly pic:
Thunder thighs! But definitely sporting a baby bump! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment