Thursday, June 28, 2012

13 weeks - How I'm Feeling

I normally write my posts on the weekends.  Sometimes I write an extra so there's a midweek update, but I think I'm going to start a regular thursday update just on pregnancy stuff so I can do more rambling on the weekend posts ;)  I'm going to start answering the series of pregnancy questions you've probably seen on other pregnancy blogs before.  I'm mostly went off of the questions used over at Suz's Treats by Suz for her recent twin pregnancy.  I'll probably add others as I think of them. So here goes...

How far along? 13 weeks exactly

Maternity Clothes? 100% yes for pants and shorts, but I can get away with the billowing pillow case shirts that are in style now.  My fav outfit has been the sundress. I'd be in a sundress everyday if I could. (and I usually can.)

Weight Gain? 4lbs

Sleep? Actually going really well this week despite ds getting up before 7. I seem to be sleeping very deeply and getting good quality sleep with only one trip to potty per night.

Movement? Ugh, playing the 'was that the baby?' game all the time. But I'd have to say no, I don't think I'm feeling movement though it's really hard to tell.

Gender? BOY! So says the NT scan. Will be nice to have a confirmation further down the road.

What I miss? Toughie. I really do love being pregnant. I guess I'd have to say guilt free soda. I did abstain completely during most of the 1st trimester, and switched from aspartame containing diet soda to regular, but it still doesn't feel good knowing I'm giving my body sugar and caffeine.  At the same time, it feels great having soda again.  Sparingly, of course.

Food cravings? hmm... I wouldn't say I crave the same food over and over again. Once I satisfy a craving it's usually gone for a bit. This week I've wanted ground beef and extra sharp chedder cheese. And, though i've never really liked radishes, I kinda want some for my salads.

Aversions? Don't really have those either, although foods I already don't like now sound truly horrific.

Labor signs? NO!

What I'm looking forward too? Just enjoying more weeks of pregnancy. Despite losing my last pregnancy, I'm in no rush to get this one over with. I enjoy this special time and all the little milestones along the way. Oh, and going to the beach next week!

Any pregnancy news? It's a BOY!! But that was covered in my last post. Nothing since then. lol

Baby prep accomplishments? Made some progress in the messiest guest room, ever. Cleared enough junk to unfold dh's old weight bench and put it up on craigslist. Also washing the hardwood floor in the bedroom for the first time since we had construction done in December.  Hope next to paint our terribly ugly chimney in that room to match the beautiful white hard wood wall we have in that room. Maybe this weekend I'll include pics of all my endevors!

Belly pic: I think these will always be a week behind until I figure out this process a bit better, but here's my week 12 belly pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment