Sunday, May 13, 2012

6 Weeks - Dear Happy Baby

Dear Happy Baby,

I've never named a fetus before, and I'm not sure how or why I named you, my 3rd child, as a fetus and not my other children (I think technically you're still an embryo).  I guess partly because of all the positive visualizations I've been doing, and maybe partly mothers intuition.  Every time I see you in my mind, you are giggling and so happy.  It didn't take long for me to call you my happy baby.  When I worry about you and need to visualize you safe to calm myself I see you laying in a gentle stream surrounded by clear water, laughing and splashing around. Sometimes I look at pictures of what you might look like at this stage of development (women now are bombarded with pictures of the developing embryo at each stage of pregnancy), and I realize how hard you're working.  You're doing such a great job! You've already come so far.  You are constantly growing and changing. You never stop. You keep going even when I don't get enough sleep or don't eat enough. You're growing when I'm resting and when I'm up chasing your brother or working.  I can tell how strong you are by how much you're taking from me, and I'm so happy you are taking what you need.  I can tell you're going to be born in January, and be born very much alive.  But I'm writing this just in case you can't make it despite your best efforts. I want you to know now that I love you, and I'll love you forever.  I'll love you if I meet you in January, or if I meet you much sooner, or if I meet you a long time from now, at the end of my life.  I love you, and in just a few months you'll be able to hear me saying so through the walls of your safe home.  In January you'll hear me say "I love you" very clearly, and I promise you'll hear it for many years afterwards.  I love you, my happy baby.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment