Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's an Ovulation Celebration!

After days of stressing out, worrying, and feeling sorry for myself, I finally got my smiley face, a positive ovulation test! Thanks to all my twitter friends and those on Soulcysters online forum for giving me so much support and advice. I needed it!

But that wasn't all.  We still had to BD! It's really hard and stressful to BD at least every other day for ten days or more. Then you get the +opk and none of that counts. The pressure is on to make the next two days count. I realize it's possible to O 36hrs after the positive. But we can't do it 3 days in a row. DH has been so supportive and tolerant of all this despite working long hours and being a wonderful father. I'm not going to ask him to do it again tomorrow. We had good sessions last night/this afternoon, and that should be more than enough. We did it! In fact, tomorrow I'm taking him to his favorite local buffet to thank him for how great he's been. It's an Ovulation Celebration! We really are feeling that sense of overwhelming relief. It's a celebratory atmosphere to have that pressure gone.

 I can't emphasize how much more stressful a medicated cycle is than a natural one. I had no idea how my body was going to respond to the clomid, so I couldn't guess when I would O like I can in a natural cycle. My CM/CP were kind of crazy in the days leading up to ovulation.  It made me constantly think O was eminent. I was taking OPK's twice a day. Always kicking myself for wasting the digital tests, or for being stupid for not testing when things were looking so good. I'm so glad that's over! I'll still test out the LH surge, but the stress of O is over. Yes!

I'm in the two week wait! Haven't yet done the fun things like calculating when my due date would be or scouring temp charts on fertility friend to see how soon most people O after getting a positive OPK. But that's the beauty of the two week wait, I don't have too! There's no longer a desperate sense of urgency. I can now obsess at my leisure instead of feeling like any break might cause us to miss our chance. phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment