Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beta results, TTC methods, and How I told DH

Beta results from yesterday at 11DPO are 26! yay! I'm definitely pregnant. Today I took DS to his playgroup which includes all my mommy friends in town. They all know about my miscarriage, fertility troubles, and that I was doing clomid this month. I came in, annouced I was pregnant, and they all gave me a big cheer. It warmed me to tears and I actually cried! A wonderful experience, and I received my beta results while I was there which made it offical.

I wanted to include exactly what we tried this month for my readers also trying to conceive with PCOS.  I've been on 1500metformin for more than 6 months (I feel like I should be at 2000, but the doc refused).  We did 50mg clomid on cycle days 3 through 7.  I took 2000mg vitamin C up until ovulation, because there are somes studies showing it helps induce ovulation. Many women take it throughout their pregnancy, but I stopped after O becuase I also used it to help complete my miscarriage and I just didn't want to associate the two.  I might start it again at 35weeks or so to prepare for birth.  In between AF stopping and ovulation I took a 200 vit E for a few days. It's the only thing proven to build up the uterine lining, but I just got the feeling from using it last cycle that it works for me REALLY well.  I don't know if you can have lining be too thick, but I decided only to take it for a few days this time. I think I did four days. I have taken and will continue to take fish oil with about 240mg DHA, B vitamin complex, 2000 vit D, and a prenatal vitamins every day.  I also took 81mg baby aspirin everyday this cycle, and I now think it's cruicial for me to ever get a bfp. When you get your first bfp, you come up with all sorts of ideas about what was the thing that finally tipped the scales in your favor. After being pregnant three times tho, I can now say baby aspirin is one of the only common thing to all three bfps. The day before O we used pre-seed, and the day of O we didn't, so, I'm not sure if it helped or not.  I hope this info helps someone else!

To tell DH I was pregnant I told him I'd been going through my old computer pics and found these two videos of DS as a baby.




Then afterwards I asked if he missed having a little baby, because we were going to have another one! After what we went through with our last pregnancy he didn't want to get too excited in the beginning, but he did require extra cuddles with DS after seeing his cute baby videos. I'd say we're both cautiously optimistic.  After last time, we know this doesn't necessarily mean we'll end up with a baby, but it's a necessary step in the right direction. We're so happy to be on this road again. I feel very at peace with this pregnancy, and I can't wait to see it progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment