Sunday, December 25, 2011

10weeks, 'the space', and ds food allergy update

I know it's been two weeks, but I'm not giving up on this. I just normally write posts while at work and I only work on the weekends but took last weekend off. It's been two weeks since I've been at work, so it's been two weeks since I've posted.

I'm in....that space. If you've been pregnant before, you know that space. Morning sickness is over and you feel great, like normal. But, it's way to soon to feel movement. So, how do you know you're even pregnant? You don't. That's the kicker. It's the space between a multitude of 1st trimester pregnancy symptoms and feeling movement in your huge baby bump.  Lucky for me I haven't worn my work shirt in two weeks and omg it is too small. The 'bump' is definitely getting bigger. It's the only pregnancy sign I have right now, so I'm happy to see it growing. I'm also slowly moving into maternity shirts without them billowing around my empty stomach. They're so much better at accenting the bump as opposed to regular shirts that make me look fat.

It's been a busy two weeks. We got the results back from ds's blood test for allergies. The object was to figure out what he was allergic too besides milk and eggs.  Then we could get him off the large quantity of daily zyrtec he's on and simply avoid those allergens. I mean, how many can there be? How hard is it to avoid a few things? WELL, ds tested positive to milk, eggs, almond, pine nuts, sesame seeds, corn, peanuts, weeds, tree pollens, molds, dust, dogs, and cats. I really tried not to cry the whole evening after I found out. I told myself how happy he was and that this isn't going to change anything. He's not the only kid in the world with multiple allergies, the allergist has probably dealt with this a thousand times, etc. And then I finally broke down and let it hit me. Dh has been really great. His nonchalance about it all has actually been really helpful. While I was hoping to get ds off zyrtec, it just might not be possible right now, and that's ok.  Despite all these allergies, the zyrtec is working. We always hoped he would grow out of them, and he still might. It's going to be ok. At least that's what I tell myself!!

Next weekend I'll write again, and then Jan 3rd is my next ob appt! I'll get to hear that wonderful heartbeat and we can move on into the 2nd trimester. I'm hoping to feel some movement by then. I felt ds early, and they say you feel it earlier with each pregnancy. Merry Christmas!!! Here's my belly pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment