Monday, November 28, 2011

6 weeks 4 days update

I'll probably just do weekly updates until the first trimester is over and the fatigue melts away. The last two days have definitely seen an increase in the classic pregnancy symptom trifecta, headache, nausea, and fatigue. So far, it's not weighing me down at all. Been through it before, so I knew it was all coming. I know it's just for a short time, and it's comforting to know these hormones are making the baby grow. I was actually kind of worried it took so long to get here, but I looked back in my old journal and saw the worst nausea was around 7/8 weeks with ds so this is about right.

Major concerns this week is definitley the gigantic belly. I mean, what is the deal with the gigantic belly? People keep trying to reassure me by saying you always show sooner with repeat pregnancies, and go on to say they were showing as early as 7 or 8 weeks or whatever. I WAS SHOWING AT 5+ WEEKS! My pubic bone hurt terribly all during the 4th week, and then around 5w3days it magically felt totally better. I went to button my shirt and BAM! Baby belly. It's not changed at all since then. It's hard not to constantly make plans for twins in my mind. I've also googled dangerous conditions that present this way like a molar pregnancy. I have a strong sense that the pregnancy is healthy and I trust my body, but I'm calling the doc tomorrow anyway to discuss the monster belly. Hopefully they'll either tell me monster bellies are normal or bring me in early for a u/s. Kind of hoping for option B, but if not I'll just wait for my appt on the 13th. I work part-time, 2 nights a week and it will be next to impossible to hide this huge pillow pet from them, but I want some confirmation before I talk.

Brace yourself. Here's the belly!!!!
6 Weeks, 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment